Monday, March 26, 2007

Whew, what a weekend

We were so busy this weekend! Instead of my usual well-rested Monday morning feeling, I feel as though I need another weekend just to recover.

Many of you may remember that we started cleaning newly constructed homes for a little extra money. We did a few in the fall, but haven't had any since. My neighbor called last week to see if we would be interested in cleaning an older home that an elderly lady had just moved out of. It paid pretty well so despite a previous promise to ourselves that we would not do homes that had been lived in, we agreed to do it on Saturday.

We arrived at the house about 9:15 Saturday morning...and realized that this would take a L-O-N-G time. The original windows had storm windows over them and all were filthy. Just cleaning the insides and outsides of all those window panes took most of the day. Between David, KJ, and I, at least one person was always working on windows. The master bath shower took me an hour by itself. I have never seen anything that grungy in my life. We had to leave at noon to run grab lunch and take KJ to Stonehenge practice so we didn't get back to the house until 4:00. We finally finished a little after 9:00, sore, tired, and grouchy.

Sunday was my first time doing Docent of the Day (DOD) on my own. This involves preparing the diets of the education animals, feeding, changing water, etc. I'm also supposed to walk the oppossums. It took me nearly 4 hours! I think I'll get quicker as I practice. Oops, I have more to say, but I've got to run...another busy day.

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

I feel like this week is going by too quickly and without time for everything as well!

Here's to another weekend coming soon! Although I have a garage sale. :-/