Friday, March 16, 2007

Yay! It's Friday! I really enjoyed zoo camp, really I did. I'm also glad that is over though. I've been too beat to post so here is what I've been up to the past couple of days.

This is Petunia, one of the education opossums. She was found as a tiny baby in a parking lot and had to be hand-raised. She is sweet, but can and will still bite the crap out of you if you get your hand near her mouth.


We took the children on a behind-the-scenes tour of Africa today. Note that these photos were taken BEHIND-THE-SCENES. All the animals have nice habitats out front. When this lioness had her cubs, the lions starting taking turns being out on exhibit, as the male lion will hurt the cubs. You can't really judge their size from this picture. The head of the lioness hits me about chest high. (I'm 4'10")


I believe this is Timbo, or maybe Zoe. I have to look at their tails. She loves to eat grass.


Meet Babe and Wrinkles.



We fed produce to Geoffrey. He heads for the fence whenever he sees a group, because he knows that he usually gets a treat.





1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

OH how neat!!! The wild cats always look so sweet and "petable" LOL

Was it just this week for you?