Monday, April 23, 2007

You should blog this.

This morning KJ actually uttered the phrase, "You should blog this," so I am.

Pre-Story Info: I had gotten up late and was wearing pajama bottoms, a T-shirt, and crocs since I had no intention of getting out of the car. Unlike Ree however, my pajamas had an intact crotch.

After picking KJ up from his dad this morning, I turned left out of the Shell parking lot, drove a few blocks and turned into Sonic. (KJ was hungry and I was out of sausage at home.) I ordered a toaster sandwich combo only to hear the disembodied voice tell me that they were out of bread, and would I like a burrito instead. I looked at KJ to confirm that no, he did not want a burrito.

Okay, plan B...I turned right out of Sonic's parking lot, passed the Shell we had just left, and headed towards the highway. KJ mentioned Subway, but I told him that I didn't want to go inside, and besides, we had already passed it. As I turned onto the clover-leaf highway entry, I gaily announced that we were heading to Whataburger. KJ said that he didn't really want Whataburger. *sigh* I immediately took the other clover-leaf to exit right back off and return to the road we were just on, heading back the direction we had come from.

We passed back by the Shell while discussing where to eat. I didn't want to go IN anywhere since I wasn't dressed appropriately, hadn't brushed my hair, or brushed my teeth. KJ mentioned Subway again, but we had already passed back by it. He said, "What about Bakery Donut? You look fine, Mom. It's a redneck town, people dress like this all the time." I quickly checked the mirror and finger combed my hair...good enough. As I was about to turn into Bakery Donut's parking lot, KJ said, "Oh! I didn't really want to GO to Bakery Donut. I just asked about it." I said, "But you love Bakery Donut!" To which he replied, "Yeah, but I'm burned out on it." *sigh*

I left their parking lot and suggested we just go home and he could have a frozen pizza or a breakfast sandwich with bacon instead of sausage. KJ said, "How about Subway? I haven't had a Subway breakfast sandwich in a year and they just melt in your mouth." I did a U-turn just before leaving town and went back the way we had come...again. We passed back by Bakery Donut and Sonic, and turned into Subway. It was 8:06 and they did not open until 9:00. Now, what exactly is the use of serving breakfast if you don't open until most people are at work or school?

*sigh* "Where do you want to go?" I asked KJ. He said, "Just stop and let me think a minute." I stopped. He thought, and then said, "Let's go to Whataburger." I drove past the Shell (again), entered the highway (again), and drove a few exits down to Whataburger. We went through the drive-thru so I didn't have to get out of the car (yay), and were eating our breakfast happily as we drove towards home (finally), when KJ said, "You should blog about this," so I did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRL!!! KJ should be kissing your feet and you should be winning an award for MOST PATIENT MOM OF THE MONTH!!!!

Rebel said...

Gosh Debbie, I was within 1 minute of your house. I should have swung by and picked you up. No wait. Next time I'll just drop him by your house and beg Rodney to show KJ how to scramble eggs while we go for coffee.

Dy said...

ROFL. The boy has an eye for the absurd! That's so funny.

And here, I was waiting, holding my breath, for you to announce that you got a ticket for cruising! (I got pulled over for that once. Thankfully, it wasn't hard to convince the cop I was not cruising. I was lost. But still, every time you mentioned passing that Shell station, I cringed.)

I really, really miss Whataburger.

Dy

J-Lynn said...

ROFL I was waiting for you to run out of gas! ;-) You've got some pessemistic readers. hehe

Glad you ate! We've never had Whataburger and there is one in town. hehe