Sunday, May 13, 2007

Best Mother's Day weekend ever

I had the best Mother's Day weekend ever!!

On Friday, I got a massage and David and KJ gave me some turtle-shaped bath oil beads and a new turtle charm for my necklace.

On Saturday, the son of some good friends of ours graduated from homeschool. The local homeschool group had a beautiful ceremony for 12 seniors that made both me and David cry. The family also had a graduation party for their son that evening. The party was so much fun! It was also a dance and you will never believe it, but my darling husband actually danced with me. (even more than once!)


At one point, the dance caller asked everyone to dance with their mothers. KJ danced with me! He was so handsome and sweet that I was teary. (The party pictures didn't come out very well due to poor lighting and lots of movement.)






Then on Sunday, drum roll please.....................this happened....................






These are NOT my hands. KJ washed the dishes!











3 comments:

Unknown said...

KJ now listen to Grandmomma.. you cannot get any older! You are one handsome dude though!

I'll bet the dishwashing was the best Mother's Day present you could give or get!

Love you,
Mom/Grandmomma

Dy said...

*SQUEAL*

He did it! You got it! And you even took pictures! WOOHOOO!!! I love it!

Happy Mother's Day!

And I'll tell ya, I knew KJ was getting older (and taller!! wow!) but I had a mild panic attack when I saw "graduation photos" at the top of your blog. ACk. Gasp. Panic. Graduating? NOW? But-bu-but... NOooooO! *whew* SO glad you explained that! (Handsome young man, and so sweet dancing with his mother. *sniff* *sniff* When did he get taller than you?)

Dy

J-Lynn said...

I think KJ was afraid of me. LOL I'm kidding! WTG KJ!!! He'll learn it's the simplest things that make us happy as moms. He's a sweet son Rebel, you're really blessed.

I loved the pictures. What a great dance - you got both David and KJ on the dance floor - sweet!