Monday, May 21, 2007

Does anyone remember the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he says, "I'm such a maroon?" (instead of moron, don't want you to think I can't spell)

Well, that was me this morning. David had just left for work and it was just starting to get light. Except for the occasional crow from Paul, the house was completely silent. No drumming, no television, no music playing, no washer or dryer running, even the a/c was off. I actually stood still for a moment just to listen to the stillness. Can a person even do that, listen to stillness I mean, or have I been reading too many overly descriptive books? It's just so rare for the house to be as quiet as it was this morning. If nothing else, I'll usually hear the hum of the computer fan.

Anywaaaay, back to me just standing in the kitchen listening... I heard a rumbly noise. What is THAT? I heard it again, it sounded like a low growl. I looked out the door, nothing. I looked out the window, nothing. I heard it again. It sounded like it was coming from right under me! There must be an animal stuck under the house. I thought we had all the openings blocked up, but something must have found a way under. I walked into the living room and heard it again. It must be following the sound of my steps, gosh, I hope it's not rapid... Then I felt something...my stomach was churning.

*Mental slap upside my head*

IT WAS MY STOMACH!!! I had some heartburn and was a little nauseous when I had gotten up so I chugged some Maalox. (Yesterday's eating-fest in Austin had disagreed with me.) Apparently it was doing something to my stomach, because the rumbling and growling were LOUD.

I'm such a maroon...

I can't believe I laughed at Dy.

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

ROFL!!!! I did that the other month thinking it was a mouse and it was my shoes or something equally as silly & obvious squeaking. *sigh*

Keeps us laughing right? ;-)