Monday, August 13, 2007

high school meme

I got this from Dy.


me in 1988
1. Who was your best friend? - I had several; Kathy S., Kathy W., Tricia, Crosby, Jack, and of course, my boyfriend, Jay.

Kathy S. is now Kathy P., is married with 3 kids. We talk on the phone almost daily.
Kathy S. - Then

Kathy S. - now

Tricia and I email about every 6 weeks or so.
Tricia - Then

Tricia with her "children" - Now
Jack and I were close for the first 10 years after high school, but not anymore.
Jack
2. Did you play any sports? - JV tennis my freshman and sophomore years
3. What kind of car did you drive? - I started with a Maverick that burned huge amounts of oil. Then I had a 1977 Granada with a broken gas guage, and lastly a Chevette which had a different-colored fender salvaged from another car so I had one round headlight and one square headlight.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? - During football season, I was at the game since I was in the band. The rest of the year I was either working or out with my boyfriend or friends.
That's me taking Texas big-hair to a whole new level.

5. Were you a party animal? - nope

6. Were you considered a flirt? - Lord, no

7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? - band and orchestra


8. Were you a nerd? - Oh yes, I was in a group that took all the "Honors" classes, was on the Academic Decathlon team, and made all "A's"

Fellow nerd, Kathy W., and I being nerdy and studying. Kathy and I email sporadically, but I got to visit with her in person last year when she was in the area on a business trip.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? - No, I bent the rules a little, but since I was in the previously mentioned "nerd" group, I got away with it.

10. Can you sing the fight song? - No, I don't even remember the tune anymore.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? - I had several. Mr. Tilford was my band director so I had him for all four years. I used to go by and talk to him while I was in college. I also loved Mrs. McGough, Mrs. Wells, and Mrs. Hulsey. They taught English, 10th, 11th, and 12th respectively.
12. What was your school mascot? - husky

13. Did you go to the Prom? - Yes, with my boyfriend, Jay. We started dating at the end of 10th grade and continued through the rest of high school. We broke up at the beginning of college. Incidentally, Jay ended up marrying a good friend of mine, and I was a bridesmaid in their wedding.
Don't we look cute? Could my hair stick up ANY higher?


This is Jay with his wife, Angie, and their three beautiful girls. Angie and I have discussed Jay's timeless look, the man NEVER ages. I think he has some secret fountain-of-youth somewhere. Angie, if you ever find it, please send me some too.

14. If you could go back, would you? -No, I enjoyed high school, but I have no desire to repeat it.

15. What do you remember most about graduation? - Not much, it was fairly unexciting. I just sat there until my name was called. I remember that I went bowling afterwards.

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? - I don't even remember having a Senior Skip Day so I'm assuming I was at school. (probably studying with Kathy W.)

17. Did you have a job your senior year? - Lay-away at K-mart

I knew I saved these badges for a reason...

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? - We weren't allowed to leave for lunch so I ate at the school cafeteria. I DID sneak off for lunch with some friends a couple of times my senior year, but we never got caught.

19. Have you gained weight since then? - most definitely

20. What did you do after graduation? - worked that summer, then left for a semester at UT in Austin. I decided it was too big for me so I moved back home and went to Midwestern State University.

21. What year did you graduate? - 1988

22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? - Jay


I already showed you the prom picture so here we are at a band banquet. We won the "Cutest Couple" award.


23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? - I missed my 10th as I lived 1200 miles away at the time. I have already RSVPed for my 20th though. It is next summer.

6 comments:

Dy said...

Oh, what FUN! Yours is infinitely more interesting than mine!! Did they call it Geek-a-thon at your school? They did at ours. Actually, we, who were in it, just pre-emptively started calling it that to take some of the creative wind out of others' sails. It mostly worked, too.

LOVE the Stonehenj pictures. That does look miserably hot. But still, they look like they had such a good time, and put on quite a performance. How neat! I promise not to speak of the new growth... on the Young Man... because that'll come back to bite me in a few very short years, won't it? (He is growing up, though, isn't he?)

:-) I've missed being able to come read!

Dy

karisma said...

How sweet, I love that 80's hair do! My god that takes me back.

Unknown said...

I love the then and now pictures! You neglected to tell that your Mom worked her fingers to the bone MAKING all those formals for you! :) I had no idea you still had your K Mart badge! You are a worse pack rat than your Dad...

Love you,
Mom

karisma said...

Hi, can you send me your email address please, so I can send you the link to my new blog. Its invite only. Thanks.
lisa@xzone.com.au

J-Lynn said...

ROFL@keeping those badges for a reason!!! ROFL!!!

Loved all the pictures, looks like a great time!

J-Lynn said...

PS. Great job on the dresses Rebels mom - they're gorgeous!