Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'm healthy

The results from all the tests are in and I am FINE! I told them there was nothing wrong with me (except my gall bladder), but noooooo, we had to test just to be sure. The results - I now have a med to prevent migraines (haven't decided if I'm going to take it or not), and another med to stop a migraine in its tracks. I'm still having my gall bladder out on the 1st, and then I'm home free.

On other fronts, my "teaching computer classes in pre-schools" job is going well. I teach every Friday morning while KJ is in co-op. Those little 3-4 year-olds are just precious! I also teach every Wednesday morning, but I'm only gone a couple of hours.

David had his last day of docent training at the zoo today. Now he just has to shadow 6 activities and he's officially a docent. I'm started to get concerned about Petunia the opossum. Her tail is still infected so she started another 14 days of oral antibiotics and antibiotic ointment on her tail. The vet also increased her diet which made Petunia VERY happy. I'm just worried this is the beginning of a downward spiral in her health. Opossums only live about 3 years in captivity and she is on her last year. *sniffle*

KJ's Chemistry class at co-op has turned out to be more work than either of us anticipated. Apparently co-op is just to do the labs, with the rest of the work being done at home. It's a good thing I worked my way through college as a lab tech for an industrial petroleum chemical company.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad all the tests came out ok. I was beginning to wonder if I had given you everything that was bad health wise. Bet you're looking forward to that January MRI!!

Just a friendly reminder.. 94 days until Christmas! :)

Love you,
Mom

karisma said...

Im glad to hear it! Now just keep saying it!

"I am healthy, I am healthy"

TC was prescribed tablets for migraine when she was just 12. I read the leaflet from the chemist about the side effects and threw them in the bin. The key is knocking it in the butt before it really kicks in.

We taught her to breathe deeply in through the nose and out through the mouth very slowly. (A bit like a mini mediation) Now nearly three years later she has not had a migraine for about two years and she won't even take a paracetamol when she gets a headache.

The power of your own mind is far much than you can imagine.

Anonymous said...

I am really glad that everything came out ok on your tests. Good luck on the Gallbladder surgery on Monday.