Sunday, March 2, 2008

Misc. ramblings

My baby is growing up. *sigh* I ordered his drivers-ed package from the state. It should be here a few weeks before KJ turns 15, so he'll have the book knowledge to get his learner's permit right after his birthday. We're also going through the paperwork for KJ to start the high school dual credit program at the community college this fall. He still has to take some tests in April, but he should be fine there. I feel like this is the beginning of the end of homeschooling. He's only going to take 1 class in the fall and spring so he'll still have some other work to do. The following year, however, KJ will most likely just take college classes.

Next week is our last week of school before two weeks of vacation. The week of the 10th, KJ and I will be working Spring Break Camp at the zoo. Then KJ will leave on a camping trip the 15th and return the 21st. He is going to Big Bend with this group.

David has taken to cooking supper like a professional chef. I have never eaten so good, AND I'm still losing weight!

6 comments:

Dy said...

Oh. Wow. That came quickly, didn't it? Are you ready for a whole new chapter in your life to begin?

Of course, David's cooking... now that's probably a new chapter you're enjoying! Sounds wonderful (and congrats on the weight loss).

Dy

Bridget said...

Get ready, it really is a hair raising time. I know, I've been through it twice now. I have found that boys are much better drivers than girls at least in with my kids anyway. Good luck.

Rebel said...

Dy - no, I'm not ready *hysterical sobbing*...actually that was me two weeks ago. I have worked through it and now, I'm ready. It's just so strange thinking of what I'm going to do when I'm not teaching KJ. For next year anyway, I think I'm going to stick with PCKidz and just add a few more centers. The following year, I'll probably start working full-time again, but who knows?

Bridget - are you saying that my few stray hairs are going to multiply fast? :-)

Dy said...

Oh, I wish you could come tutor the boys in a few subjects! (But that's just me, being hideously selfish - I'd love to have you here. *grin*)

Thanks for your note about hs'g dads, btw. You're right - they are awesome. Also often unappreciated. I try to let Zorak know just how very much I appreciate and love the life we have, and that it just couldn't happen w/o his absolute awesomeness in all our wild endeavors. And yet, I'm sure I could let him know it more often, anyway, kwim?

WTG on getting over the hysterical sobbing. My Mom never did. My Dad had to teach me to drive. He was a quiet man who just grunted a lot and clutched the dashboard... often. He was wonderful. :-) I hope this is a truly incredible new season, for you and for KJ.

Dy

Unknown said...

Please teach KJ well, Rebel. I cannot bury another grandchild. He told me he freaked out if he went over 30 so that made me feel a little better until I thought about the traffic in your part of the world! I cry when I think of he and Kenzie growing up so fast! I think it's harder for the grandparents than for the parents. Never knew that until now!

Love you all
Mom/Grandmomma/#1 Mother in law

Bridget said...

Just think lots of gray Rebel, lots of gray.