Monday, June 30, 2008

KJ's summer trip - Days 1 and 2





View Larger Map



Well, he's gone. After several weeks of frantically getting KJ ready to leave for camp, I dropped him in Georgetown yesterday. There was a cook-out for families and an orientation that scared the parents half to death. After a 45 minute presentation on bear and moose safety (complete with graphic photos), I was ready to take my baby and run. We found out afterwards that they wanted to make sure the campers understood the seriousness of bear safety, AND that the parents were not scheduled to see the presentation. There was a last-minute schedule change so the parents got to sit through the orientation too. The campers were flying out this morning to Seattle, Washington where the Mountain Men bus is waiting for them. They will get to spend several hours at the Pike Street Market before heading out to Deception Pass State Park.

I probably won't hear from KJ more than a couple of times, if that much. One of the parents will be getting periodic updates from the camp director and letting the rest of us know what's been going on and where they are. I'll update the map as the campers travel.

2 comments:

karisma said...

Wow! All sounds very exciting, if scary! I bet he has heaps of fun!

MOM #1 said...

Yikes! Kudos to you for letting your Baby Boy go; I'm still a little too overprotective.