Sunday, April 26, 2009

No jail

David's case was plead out on April 17. He was not given jail time which is good. However, his probation and sex offender registration restrictions are such that he can have no contact whatsoever with KJ (or any other child for that matter). KJ has been staying with his dad since then, but we found our own place and moved most stuff over yesterday. The electricity won't be on until Monday so that is when we'll spend our first night there.

There is a lot more to tell regarding David's probation (10 years) and sex offender registration (lifetime), but I need to get out working.

5 comments:

karisma said...

OH dear! Im glad there is no jail but no KJ? I am assuming he never really did anything wrong, just something stupid! If that is the case, keep the faith, times are a changing my dear! All will pan out very soon! So sorry your lives have taken such a tumble turn, its really not fair! Hugs, love and smoochies xxxooooxxxooox

PS. Make sure you both look out for your health. Life is just a matter of details, (speaking of which, I just burned the rice LOL MY BAD) Remember, always keep looking up! The world is over rated! Especially since we have to be led by so many morons! Soon, very soon, everything is going to come together. Much love and healing thoughts coming your way!

MOM #1 said...

Yikes! A stiff penalty for sure, but no jail is good . . . No?

Hugs and kisses to you, you've made it this far, so of course you have the strength to make it all the way.

Amazing how life can turn on a dime, isn't it?

Dy said...

So much upheaval. I'm glad it's at an end, but... wow, Rebel. {{hugs}} I do wish we lived close enough to be of some help. Any help.

Know that you're all in my thoughts and prayers. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Rebel I'm so sorry, I won't even get on my tirade about our modern day society's "Scarlet Letter". It's not fair and I'm sorry.

Hugs to you guys.

Jess

Unknown said...

I'm just glad it is over for you and KJ. How are you doing driving the Lincoln? Bet it doesn't get as good of gas mileage as your Honda. How long will it be in the shop?

Love you,
Mom