Monday, March 12, 2007

Today was my first day of Zoo Camp. The kids were great. The other docents were great. The Education Coordinator was great. Even the animals were great. The ones that we present behaved themselves, and the ones on exhibit were full of life, moving around and "talking" to us. That being said...I am so tired. It has been several years since my public school teaching days where I was on my feet all day herding children. I'm used to my one half-grown child who I don't have to watch too closely. Speaking of KJ, I heard from him last night and he was having fun. He and his dad had been to the Grand Canyon and were heading on to California. Today, I heard from his "girlfriend's" mom that he had called his "girlfriend" (I refuse to not put that word in quotes), and told her that he was in L.A.

On a totally unrelated topic, if you have a sister, then you absolutely must read My Sister, My Self. I read it and then spent hours psychoanalyzing my relationship with Staci. I was upset and worried when I realized that I remember almost nothing of our relationship before middle school. I felt much better however, after talking to Staci and finding out that she doesn't remember anything either. Either our relationship was uneventful enough to not remember, or it was so horrible we've both blocked it from our memories.

2 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Thanks for the book recommendation, I think I'll get it for my mom (she has 1 sister).

Glad they're having fun and are safe and LOL@quotes - I'd be doing that too!

Dy said...

LOL @ the quotes. I don't blame ya.

Dy