Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Mother's Day - a whine

Yesterday, KJ asked me if David would be back in time to take him shopping for my Mother's Day present. (David's out-of-state on business.) I said that he would, but that all I wanted was for someone else to do the dishes that day. This is the same thing that I ask for every year and it has yet to happen. Last year, I didn't do the dishes that day, but no one else did either so I just had more to do the next day. *sigh*

In the past 4 and a half years, since David and I married (and I no longer had a dishwasher), I have been the sole washer of the dishes. When I had sinus and septum surgery, and was in massive pain, the dishes stacked up waiting for me to get better. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy being a homemaker. I love my husband and son dearly and want to provide them with a semi-clean environment...but I don't particularly enjoy housework. I get in a cleaning mood sometimes, but most of the time it is just a labor of love on my part. I don't resent them or anything like that, but I wish that someone else would do the dishes one day a year.

Gotta run, I'm off to do the dishes.

Correction: I just remembered that my mom or dad (can't recall who) did the dishes when they were down visiting once. They snuck it in on me. I didn't want them too.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Our dishwasher is broke so we get the wonderful job of washing them by hand. I feel your pain.

Dy said...

Why is it that the things we ask for seem to get x'd right off the list? I asked for a Barry Manilow CD for Christmas EIGHT YEARS RUNNING. Not once. So now I'm forced to sing acapella. That'll learn 'em. ;-)

Mother's Day. Yeah, that just hit me yesterday, actually. Gotta get something for my MIL in the mail TOMORROW or I'll lose Most Tolerated Daughter-in-Law status.

Dy

J-Lynn said...

semi-clean environment... ROFL you sound like me!

I'm sorry, hopefully KJ will read this and take pity on you this year. KJ - I'm going to ask your mama if you did those dishes! She's not asking for diamond earrings honey, you've got it easy, DO THOSE DISHES!!!

I will be back to check and I can be rather snarky. ;-)