Wednesday, September 19, 2007

test day

Yesterday, I finally had my neurologist appointment. It took a month to get in, but boy, are those people thorough. After David and I were ushered back, we saw a nurse who took my vitals. Then we saw a nurse practitioner who asked a million questions about my health history, my parent's health history, my sibling's health history, and KJ's health history. If you ever think you're relatively healthy, just recite your family's health history. By the time we finished, I was thinking it was remarkable that I'm still living. Then she asked a bunch more questions about my headaches, and ran me through some neurological tests. We discovered that I have EXCELLENT reflexes. I could have kicked a soccer ball across a field when she hit my knee with the rubber hammer.

Then we saw the actual neurologist who asked a few more questions, prescribed some meds, discussed the abnormal MRI, and ordered some tests. Incidentally the "thing" on my brain is probably nothing, but they want to watch it, so I have to have another MRI in January. We were sent across the street to the hospital for an EKG and a heart monitor which just makes an oh, so lovely fashion statement. It hangs from my neck in a pouch that sits right on top of the middle of my breasts making me look like I have some strange growth. (Its under my shirt.)

Today, I have to return to the hospital to turn in the heart monitor and have an echo cardiogram done. Then I go over to the neurologist's office for an EEG. I already asked if any of these tests involved a claustrophobic tube and they don't. (except for January's MRI, of course)

1 comment:

karisma said...

Man! You are Soooo Brave! Now Me?, I'd be grabbing my herbs and going bush! Im a big sook! Don't like doctors at all and rarely go near them.

Im sure the "thing" on your brain is extra intelligence! Yep thats what it is for sure.

Just the thought of any claustrophobic makes me shake! Im with you on that one.