Sunday, September 2, 2007

We start our "new" school year next week.

It's time for a new or mostly new anyway, school year. On Tuesday, we will move from our lazy Summer schedule to our jam-packed Fall schedule. There is always a battle of wills between me and KJ at the beginning, but since he is growing up, maybe it won't be too bad this year.

There have been a few changes from last year to this year. Probably the biggest is that I will be working part-time. I'm working for a friend's company teaching computer classes at preschools three mornings a week. Wednesdays look like they may be only an hour or two. Thursdays and Fridays will be about three hours of teaching. On Wednesdays and Thursdays, KJ will be expected to get up, get showered and dressed, fix himself breakfast, and do some of his "by himself" work like Latin and reading. I'll always be home by noon at the absolute latest, most likely earlier so we'll have time for the "mom-taught" subjects then. On Fridays, David will take KJ to co-op before heading to work and I'll pick up KJ afterwards.

Another change is that we've joined another co-op where I'll be teaching Human Anatomy. The last change is that fencing will only be once a week. We'll be busy, but it's doable.

Monday - Home until 3:00, Fencing from 3:30-5:00
Tuesday - Families Learning Together Co-op 9:30-12:30 (we have lunch there), Home the rest of the day
Wednesday - Me at work until noon, Home until KJ leaves with his dad at 5:30 with drum lesson (at house) 2:30-3:30
Thursday - Me at work until noon, Home noon-3:00, Latin tutor (her house) 3:30-4:30
Friday - Me at work while KJ has Brazos Valley Co-op until 12:45, Home the rest of the day

In other news, David and I have both changed our diets. We're eating low-fat and have cut most processed foods. We used to eat this way, but life got busy and our eating habits went down hill. If I DON'T eat low-fat, my gall bladder gives me fits causing pain and puking. I saw the surgeon Friday and it is supposed to come out Oct. 1.

I'm going to attempt to remove a large Rat snake from under my chicken's box this evening so I may have pictures later. It really depends if David (who is terrified of snakes) will stay outside and take pictures.

2 comments:

karisma said...

Congratulations to you both! I bet you'll be feeling much better in a couple of weeks. I know I am, we are also going back to basics and mostly vegetarian foods. I find the less crap you eat, the less you want it! I used to be a real chocoholic, lately I dont even want a piece if its offered. (And I lost 4 kilos last week without even trying to!)

Good luck with the snake. Im with David on that one. Its all yours!

Dy said...

Funny how those little guys grow, and mature, and the next thing you know, they've taken on *gasp* responsibility! :-D But you know, KJ has taken on so much on his own, and he's just thrived in it. I'm willing to bet that when y'all find your groove (which it's going to take me all day to recover from just *reading about*), this is going to be a fantastic year for all of you!

Yay for you and David taking good care of yourselves. You're love, and needed, and it's a good thing you're doing.

Dy