Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm alive

I'm feeling MUCH better now. I think the surgery screwed with my brain chemistry, because I was really struggling with depression this past week. I had a couple of middle-of-the-night crying episodes where I really missed Wanda. Now, however, I'm full of energy and relatively pain-free unless I sneeze. Sneezing is very, very bad. I still can't lift over 10 pounds for 3 more weeks which is actually turning out kind of nice. "Honey, could you carry these baskets of wet laundry outside so I can hang them to dry, please?" "KJ, I need you to change the litter in the cat's litter box, please." "Could someone please drag the trashcans down to the road?" (Note: I usually do all these things myself.)

I would also like to announce that David bought me a dishwasher! It will be delivered Wednesday. Yes, I'll use electricity to run it, but it will use much less water than I do when hand washing, which of course means less electricity heating up the extra water. It should all even out in the end, and I won't be near as stressed about housework. Dirty dishes are the bane of my existence.

4 comments:

karisma said...

Wow it let me in! I tried to leave a comment this morning and it didnt work.
I hope you are feeling better now. It really sucks when you are not feeling yourself. And tell those boys to hang the washing out too! After surgery, you need your rest.

Sending Love and Healing your way!
God bless.

Unknown said...

I have middle of the night crying and I haven't had surgery! Just one of the many things I handed down to you.

You didn't tell WHY David bought you the dishwasher!! LOL I'll bet all your blog readers would love to know!

Love you,
Mom

PS I stretched this morning when I got out of bed and something popped in the hole where my tooth was and the end of my nose went numb! Go figure! LOL

Dy said...

Ack! I hit the road for a week, and you go and have surgery, get a new dishwasher, and find one heck of a great new store! (Even if you do need a CCW to comfortably swing by there. *grin*)

I'm so glad you're healing up, and that your guys are being good to you. {{{hugs}}

Dy

Bridget said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I felt so much better after having me gall bladder out, I think it was trying to kill me.
Also, congratulations on the dishwasher, that is definitely cause to celebrate. Ours hasn't worked for a couple years(I'm married to an electrician but as he keeps reminding me "it's electricity not plumbing") so a new one would really be welcomed in our house. I store bread, cereal and all that in the broken one.