Sunday, November 25, 2007

Audie's Birthday

We traveled alllllllll the way up to Crowell on Saturday for my grandmother, Audie's, 80th birthday party. I'm her oldest and favorite grandchild, of course. ;-) Growing up, I practically lived at Audie's house every summer. Audie knew how to make summertime fun. I have so many memories of those times...walking to the neighborhood pool in the afternoon, Audie cutting open aloe vera leaves to rub on my sunburn, standing in front of the swamp cooler, loading into the church van to head to camp, driving Audie's car around town (at age 13), drinking from the juice bottle filled with water that always stayed in the fridge, eating ice cream with chocolate syrup after swimming, riding my bike to the baseball fields for the night games, sleeping on the fold-out couch with Audie, and eating tons of home cookin'.

Audie has not retired yet. She is still working as a paramedic for the ambulance service. I don't think she EVER plans to stop working.

Happy Birthday, Audie! May you live to be 100!


This is my Uncle Serge with my cousins, Kenneth and Charles.


My cousin, Kay, with my mom and cousin, Carson.


My mom and dad


My uncle, Freddie, his girlfriend, Jerri, and my brother, Tracey


brother-in-law-Casey, hubby-David, brother-Tracey


cousin-Amanda, aunt-Betty


me, sister-in-law-Tammy, sister-Staci


nephews-Cason and Cooper, Tammy and Tracey


nieces-McKenzie and Emily, Staci and Casey


me, David, and KJ


The whole family

4 comments:

Dy said...

Wow. Happy Birthday, Audie!!

I can't believe how much KJ looks like your Dad. Or how young your parents look! Great genes!

And you, my friend, are looking lovely, as usual. How ya been feeling?

Dy

Bridget said...

Oh, don't you love getting together with family. Happy Birthday to your Audie. I spent alot of time with my Grandparents while I was growing up also and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

karisma said...

What a wonderful family gathering. Happy Birthday to Audie! Wow, isnt Kj getting tall? You my friend are suffering from the same gene as me, being the wee one! Lucky, good things come in small packages, hey?

J-Lynn said...

What a neat lady! Loved reading about your memories with her...