Tuesday, January 1, 2008

...humming a little tune...twiddling my thumbs...humming...some light housework....a little ToonTown...humming....twiddling...play some Nancy Drew...a nap...light housework

The above pretty much sums up my holiday which is why I haven't blogged, nothing to blog about.

On a serious note though, we received a call Saturday afternoon that my 91 year old grandmother is dying. She had a light heart attack and "seems" fine, but the cardiologist said that this one was just a precursor to a big one that will be fatal. He seemed to think she would go sooner rather than later, most likely within 2 weeks. My father and uncle have not told my grandmother what the doctor said. The problem is....my grandmother's mental faculties are perfect. WHY we thought we could have all the family show up over two days to visit with her in the hospital and her not think something is up, is beyond me. She knows. My sister and I stayed overnight with her Saturday, and she had us alternating between laughing loudly and turning red from embarrassment. (She knows lots of dirty jokes.) Grandmama got to come home yesterday as there is nothing that can be done for her. We came home Sunday, but I'm hoping to get to run back up to see her Thursday. I was really upset at first, but I have lots of wonderful memories of her. I am happy that we've had her for 91 years or me specifically for 38.

On a happy note, we will welcome a new member of the family on Friday. (No, I'm not pregnant.) Pictures will follow soon after.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Is KJ getting married???? LOL I can't believe you have kept this from us!

Love you,
Mom

karisma said...

I stopped by to wish you a happy new year. Sorry to hear about your grandma, sounds like shes an interesting character. Bless her.

Look forward to seeing the new addition to the family! Will it be a furry member?

Rebel said...

Karisma - No, it won't have fur. It is a reptile.

karisma said...

OMG so cool! Cant wait to see what you got.

Dy said...

{{hugs}}
Dy