Friday, January 18, 2008

Just a quick note in response to my mom's comment on my last post. I call my mom EVERYDAY! (I am the GOOD daughter.) She is fine, by the way, just some issues with restless-leg-syndrome and not sleeping for 2 days straight.

My grandmother is still alive. In her words, "her rocking chair is still rocking." You know...they called us all in once before, because her death was imminent...10 years ago. Maybe this time will be the same.

Fred the turtle is doing well. We found Emily asleep on top of his tank, under the basking lamp. *shaking head* That cat is something else.

I'm supposed to be on the road to Mexia (40 miles from my house) right now, but it is sleeting and we're supposed to have a wintery mix until 1:00. In Pennsylvania, this would not have been a problem, but Texas drivers and Texas road crews aren't used to this kind of weather. The daycare told me to just come twice next week. So now, I'm sitting here wide awake tring to decide what to do.

4 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Glad your grandma is such a fighter! LOL@your mom and being the GOOD daughter. ;-) I get those restless leg things and yoga has really helped me!

Hope you stay safe and warm!

Unknown said...

Maybe I'll try yoga! I hate taking Requip all the time. And by the way, she DOES call me nearly every day! She is a good daughter.. even if she does handle snakes!

Love you,
Mom

Dy said...

You know, Zorak's Granddad had a stroke, and during his recovery time, everyone coddled him and tended to his needs. I guess this really got to him b/c one day, they couldn't find him. They looked and looked. They started to panic. Then someone spotted him down in one of the fields, digging. When they got down there, he explained that since they all thought he was as good as dead, anyway, he might as well make himself useful... he was digging his own grave! That pretty well put things in perspective for the family. He lived another 10+ years after that.

The human spirit can be pretty amazing, can't it? :-) I'm glad things are going a little better, and I hope the weather is kind to you, as well! Travel safely!
Dy

J-Lynn said...

What did you decide to do?