Monday, January 14, 2008

Last week: A summary

Bad stuff:

My best friend of over 20 years called me Tuesday evening to tell me she thought her husband had had a stroke, and she was following the ambulance to the hospital. KJ and I packed our bags and were on the road to Fort Worth 30 minutes later. Best friend's hubby's diagnosis later changed to subarachnoid hemorrhage. Then they thought it was a deep-brain aneurysm, then back to the subarachnoid hemorrhage. All I know is that late Tuesday night, we thought he was going to die. I felt soooo bad for my friend. She couldn't sleep, couldn't relax; about 2:00am, she finally said we should try to get some rest, but I'm not sure she ever slept. (I slept like a log.) KJ and I returned home Wednesday when friend's sister arrived. I knew she would take care of her. To make a long story short, hubby's bleed sealed itself off and he was released from the hospital Saturday. Hopefully, he will make a full recovery.

Paul, my %#*@ rooster almost killed one of the hens on Wednesday. She had blood all over her face and neck, and a large lump of tissue on her neck. Paul is back in solitary confinement. I also moved the hen by herself so she can heal. If chickens smell blood, they will just keep pecking at it.

Good stuff:

The same above mentioned friend's youngest son had sent us a Flat Stanley as part of a school assignment. David and I had fun playing with Flat Stanley at the zoo. Here are just a few of the pics.














4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Flat Stanley.. in there with those snakes! The one of the mouse was priceless though.

Glad to hear about the friend's hubby. Hopefully, he will take care of himself now.

Have you heard today from Tricia and the dog situation?

I had to go to ER last night.. well, really about 5am. Nothing serious though. (Bet that gets you to call!) LOL

Love you,
Mom

Bridget said...

I loved the Flat Stanley pictures, especially the mouse. Sorry to hear about your friend's husband, but it does sound like it is going to turn out good.

J-Lynn said...

ROFL@flat stanley, i bet you have the best pictures yet!

I'm really sorry about the scare, prayers for a full recovery!

Rebels mom, hope you're doing OK!

karisma said...

I am loving the Flat Stanley pictures. Way cool. But very sorry to hear about your friends hubby! I hope he heals well soon.

I am assuming Margaret is okay since she is sassy enough to broadcast over here. Well I hope so. Did she cut her foot or something? Well, I would call you Rebel's Mum, but I don't have your number! LOL

Keep Smiling. xxx