Thursday, January 31, 2008

Last Friday, David and KJ both went to the doctor while I was teaching in Mexia. KJ had some upper respiratory thing causing him to cough and wheeze and David had a kidney infection. I may have made a few comments over the weekend about how I was the only healthy one in the family. Guess who had a fever of 101 all day Monday? Guess who had a wicked sore throat Tuesday morning? Guess who went to the doctor and found out she had strep throat? My fever finally went down yesterday and I've been on antibiotics long enough to no longer be contagious, thank goodness.

Most of you know that KJ has taken to wearing eyeliner as part of his goth/emo/drummer style. He also refuses to get his hair cut and it is currently dyed black as part of this same goth/emo/drummer thing. A friend of KJ's gave him a waterproof eyeliner pencil this week. KJ put it on without a mirror and looked like a racoon so I picked him up some eye makeup remover cloths today. While in the drugstore, I also picked him up a new eyeliner pencil and some pink eyeshadow KJ had been requesting, plus some eye shadow applicators. Later, when KJ was thanking me profusely for all this stuff, I told him that "if he wanted to be a girl, then I would help him be a girl."

NOTE: The above quote was said as a joke and KJ laughed. It is not meant to offend the transgendered.

2 comments:

karisma said...

Ok, the eyeliner thing wears off quickly but if he starts cutting himself, tell him Karisma will come over there and choke him with her own bare hands. This whole emo thing can sometimes go a bit overboard.

Dy said...

LOL! It's good that you guys can joke and talk - that's the stuff that keeps them relatively sane, and knowing they can come to you when things get rough. It's good stuff.

Sorry you got strep. I've taken to wearing garlic and growling if anyone so much as takes a second glance at my cup. "It's mine! Keep your germy hands off! I can't get sick! I love you, but I. Cannot. Get. Sick. BACK!" Good thing they love me, and then go get their own cups.

Heal quickly!!
Dy