Friday, February 8, 2008

It's been a fairly uneventful week here. KJ is grounded again, but aside from that, uneventful. If the child lives to be 15, it will be a miracle. He is having some problems with making good choices, being responsible, and impulse control. WHY, he thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of himself flipping off the camera and post it on his Myspace.....I don't know. Today, KJ's psychologist told David (I was working later than normal.) that we might want to consider medicating KJ. There is a reason he said this to David and not to me. I've done the Ritalin route and we are not going down that road again. I used to have KJ on three supplements that really helped his ADD. Over time, we dropped back to just Cod Liver Oil, but KJ hasn't been taking it as regularly as he should. We're starting all of them back DAILY.

Misc. other news:

Fred has been growing fast and already needs a bigger tank.

KJ will be playing the part of Brutus in Julius Caesar for his drama class. It is a 10 minute modified production for a competition at Scarborough Faire.

KJ either broke or badly sprained his toe. It swelled up and turned lots of colors. It has kept him from fencing this week.

David will be teaching physics class at co-op for the next three weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I've been expressing my opinion a lot lately but please, no Ritalin.. just stick with the herbal stuff. If you want to give Me Ritalin, I'd like that (I only took 1 one time and I had so much energy I could hardly sit still) but not for any of my grands. JMHO!

DAVID is thinking of voting for MCCAIN??? All I can say is WOW! I could probably vote for Obama but never the woman! The only woman I would consider at this point is Maxine! :)

Love you lots,
Mom

karisma said...

Excuse me Sweetie! KJ is a "normal" teenager. Flipping off to the camera is no biggie by a long shot. He is just testing his boundaries. My advice on this one (even if you don't want it) Is not to even look at his my space. Its a private place for teens, I believe. At the risk of us, as parents, killing our offspring, some things are best left, unpunished. My girls have tried multiple times to outrage or shock me! I don't take the bait.

The rules here are..

Do not hurt yourself.
Do not hurt others. Full stop!

Please, please, please do not consider drugging your child. I hate that stuff with a vengeance. Healthy foods, no preservatives NO DRUGS! He is just testing his boundaries, we all did it! Don't rise to the bait.

KJ is a perfect, beautiful boy! Let him be himself! Don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks. Two rules are very easy to follow.

I know it is hard, the more kids you have the easier it is not to judge. They are all so different. But with one child its easier to keep on top and notice what they are up to. Trust him, he will thank you for it.

Love and peace to you all.