Sunday, May 25, 2008

family pictures

I've been asking for two years to get a family portrait made. FINALLY, I got the men in the family to actually go. During the session, we noticed that the photographer had us in some... how should I say this... awkward, unusual, strange poses. We found out afterwards that we were her first group working by herself. Almost all the pics with KJ have massive glare on his glasses, but we have been PROMISED that the lab will remove the glare for the prints. We DID get some decent shots, but we definitely laughed hard at some of these.

Heeeeere I come to save the daaay! Suuupermom is on her waaay! For the record, I never stand like this.


David will now lay hands on KJ to exorcise the demon.


My turn to try and heal my poor son.


Maybe if we both lay hands on him, it will work. Leave this child, Satan. Leave him!


Hurry up and take the damn picture. My back is killing me.


This looks like someone's idea of an acid trip. Whoaaa, I'm getting dizzy.


I think the rest are pretty decent once KJ's glasses glare is removed. The next two are the same shot, one is bronze and the other sepia.



This is one of my favorites.




*sniffle* My baby turns 15 next week.




*sigh* I'm going to cry now. KJ can not possibly be this big.


Boy, my legs are short. Can I please have a shorter stool?


It's GQ David.


Are we good-looking or what?



Yes Mom, I ordered lots of prints. You're getting an 8 x 10 of this one and several 5 x 7's of others.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

the very last picture (the whole family) is my ABSOLUTE favorite!!! can I have a copy PLEEEEZE!!!!
your very close and dear friend that deserves a copy of this picture, debbie

Rebel said...

Of course you can have a copy, Debbie! I pick them up June 9.

Dy said...

Oh, how fun! I actually kind of like the acid trip photo. It's a good one of each of you, individually (and you, btw, are looking *fantastic*!!) -- maybe you could get them to crop you each and put you all right-side-up, and make an awesome collage?? :-)

OK, 'fess up - HOW does KJ color his hair as often as he does, and it's still so stinkin' gorgeous and healthy looking? Why do the guys get the great, resilient, awesome hair? (And you're right - he's really growing up!)

These were fun. Thank you so much!

J-Lynn said...

ROFL@the funny ones. I love the pics!!! You all look fantastic!

karisma said...

My favourite is the acid trip one too! It looks great! You know the photographer needs a lot more practice, you guys look good but she needs to learn a lot! For instance she should not have you alone on a white background when you are wearing white yourself.

I also love the one where you say are we good looking or what? Yes you are! You have the most beautiful smile! And I like the way KJ is sitting the opposite way, it looks good! His hair does suit him at the moment hey?

Unknown said...

I think they are all wonderful!! Of course, as your Mother, I'm a little biased! I can hardly wait for my copies.. by the way, they will replace the Amanda shrine. I think it's time.

Love you,
Mom

L said...

Really nice photos, Rebel! You are a good-looking bunch. Glad you got everybody organized. I know it's a lot harder than it looks. : )

MOM #1 said...

Everyone looks great!

I can't remember the last time we had real live family portraits.