Tuesday, June 3, 2008

positive things

Sometimes life has a way of sucker punching you...so in an effort not to wallow and to be more positive, I'm looking on the bright side.

GOOD things that are happening: (I won't be posting the bad.)

* David got the job he had applied for several weeks ago. His current temp job will end today or tomorrow and new job will start next Wed. It will pay enough for us to make ends meet without me getting a second job.

* KJ is all set for community college this Fall. He will be taking American Music and General Biology. He is very excited.

* My work schedule for the Fall is such that I can add in an extra center on Wed. mornings since KJ will be at CC anyway.

* Sammie has now made it a night, a day, and a night without any accidents in the house.

* KJ's birthday party is tonight at the bowling alley and I am NOT stressed about it at all. We should have a nice, relaxing time.

* KJ is volunteering at Zoo Camp Mon-Fri for the next 3 weeks and is really liking it so far.

* KJ managed to get enough money for his birthday that he was able to buy the iPod he wanted. (8G and pink)

* David built a cute little drum set to put on KJ's birthday cake. I'll take a pic at the party tonight.

* I'm sending in the last of KJ's Alaska forms and money today so he'll be all set to leave at the end of the month.

3 comments:

karisma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KJ! Hope the party was a hit!

Rebel, a great list of happy thoughts! Way to go! Now drop by my place and grab yourself a bunch of LOVE!

Dy said...

Oh, it does sound like you're getting some good news your way. I'm really glad for that.

Happy Birthday, KJ!! Have fun at the party!!

The camp work and the AK trip sound fantastic. I'm glad that's all coming together. (How come we never got to take cool trips like that when we were kids? LOL. It's wonderful that you can provide those opportunities for him.)

Dy

MOM #1 said...

I think it's great that you are focusing on the positive. There is already too much negativity in the world and I know you're going through a tough time right now.

Smiles all around.

It sounds like your KJ is having quite the adventurous life for such a young man. He's a lucky ducky!