Thursday, June 5, 2008

KJ's party Tuesday night was a blast! We all had a great time bowling and visiting. Though we had 25 people, I actually got so involved bowling that I only got a couple of pictures.
This was the cake.


This is Kelsey, KJ, and Savannah.

We have known the families who came to the party for 4-5 years. During this tough time, we have learned who our true friends are. Words cannot adequately express how much we appreciate and value their support. Thanks guys!

******************************************
After Sammie and his Freddie Kruger-like nails sliced me open again yesterday, I took him to the local groomer to have his nails filed. He was sooooo scared...poor baby. From the time we walked through the door until the time we left took a whopping 5 minutes, but Sammie shook the entire time. She sprayed him with some doggie cologne and tied a cute little neckerchief on him, before handing him back to me. He was so CUTE and smelled so gooood. Unfortunately, his cologne triggered a migraine (in me, not Sammie) so we both took a little nap when we got home.


On another Sammie note, he likes to toss sticks into the air when he is outside. Apparently, this is great fun, because he'll do it for 30 minutes straight. This afternoon, I let him outside and watched as he ran out into the yard a little ways. He immediately started the stick tossing...wait, that's an odd looking stick...what IS that? I threw on my shoes and walked over to find Sammie tossing a 6-8 inch portion of a dead snake. There was even part of its spine sticking out one end. There were two snake pieces that something, probably an owl, decided it was too full to eat. Oh, the lovely aroma of decomposing flesh. Ewwww! After nixing using KJ's toothbrush on Sammie, I decided to just give him a milkbone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a mighty cool drum set on that cake, Rebel!

Glad you opted for the milkbone. : )

karisma said...

Love that cake! And squirming at the thought of that snake! Ewwww!

MOM #1 said...

That's a great cake!

Did you make that cake?

I may need to have a little chat with you about the new cake-decorating class that you will be teaching and I will be attending.

Happy Birthday, KJ!

Unknown said...

I just love the picture of Sammie.. who could resist that little face?

I'm just glad the snake was dead! The only good snake is a dead snake!

David,you did a great job on the drum set! I see KJ had his picture made with the 2 ladies in his life (not counting his Mom. Glad his party went well too!

Love you,
Mom

Unknown said...

Just want you to know that we are supporting you and David in this difficult time. It will all work out ok.. I promise! And I'm the Mom so I know! :)

Love you
Mom