Sunday, August 3, 2008

KJ is back

KJ is back! I picked him up in Georgetown Thursday afternoon. I'll admit that I teared up when the bus pulled in with boys hanging out the windows waving and yelling. Most of the boys on this trip were 14-16 years old, but every single one came off the bus, headed straight for their mother, and have her a big hug. KJ actually slammed into me so hard he nearly knocked me over. :-) He talked non-stop the entire way to Cooperas Cove where David was working. We had a late lunch with David where KJ continued to talk, and then he talked all the way home. *happy sigh* My baby is back! His camera broke half-way through the trip, but he still had lots of pictures. I'll post some along with his stories when he gets back fron his dad's.

I would have blogged all this sooner, but the computer crashed Friday morning. I have a new one now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm really glad he was able to go. He learned some very valuable lessons bout living life. I'll bet he is more mature and works harder for his money now. Did he know David off is feet also. You know there isn't much to knoc you off your feet when you're only 4'11" LOL

Love you,
Mom

MOM #1 said...

Sounds like he's very excited, both to have gone and to be home. That's always the Hallmark or a great trip. I'm sure you'll rest easier now that he's home sweet home where he belongs.

karisma said...

Woohoo! Hip Hip Hooray! And all that Jazz! Seriously I am so happy for you and that he has come back safely! Can't wait to hear about his travels!

Hugs xxxx

Bridget said...

Welcome home KJ!!!!

Dy said...

Oh, that made me get teary. *sniff* I'm glad they do things like that still.

Welcome Home, KJ!!

Dy