Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Emily wants to be a lion for Halloween

I found this cheap little lion-head costume hat for cats while shopping at Target today. (They also had full dog costumes, and though I would love to dress Sammie as a chicken, they weren't cheap.) Emily is the only cat who will allow me to put it on her. In my opinion, it looks like a lion is eating her head.
In other news, Dairy Queen is going okay. It's not rocket science and the people are nice. My sister is coming over to the dark side and is going to start homeschooling my nieces. Woo Hoo!! I was singing the Hallelujah chorus when I got off the phone to her today.

5 comments:

MOM #1 said...

So cute! My doggy would NEVER have that. I used to try to put his hair up into a topknot, but he always pulled it out.

How old are your nieces? Isn't it great that you've been a positive influence on your sister?

Good job at the Dairy Queen. I LOVE their ice cream, I'm sure you get a delicious discount! ;-)

karisma said...

Haha! That is very cute! I have never seen a cat dress up before!

Congratulations to your sister for stepping over! I prefer to call it stepping into the light! A much better choice for the kids!

Unknown said...

I think the homeschooling thing is wonderful. When I worked at Hirschi it was sex, drugs and rock and roll as we hippies used to say. If they want to homeschool, I say give it your best shot. I think it is more the situation at a high school that is bursting at the seams than anything but I do think homeschoolers have the better education! Just look at my oldest grandson!!

Good job to my darling daughter for the sacrifice and the strong will to get the job done with him!

Of course, since YOU are my darling daughter, I guess I am somewhat biased! LOL

Love you,
Mom

PS For all you blog readers, my little girl was 39 last Monday!!

SabrinaT said...

Awww, how sweet! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY~!

Bridget said...

Happy belated Birthday!! I will hit the big 40 in December. I love the pictures of the cat dressed up. I've dressed the dog but haven't ventured a try with the cat yet.