Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two weeks - the short of it

I promised to blog this weekend and even though it's nearly midnight Sunday night, it IS still the weekend.

We started school two weeks ago and I've since discovered that I may have over scheduled a tad. Our schedule works as long as KJ doesn't have large amounts of MCC homework and as long as we have nothing extra come up. (like a farewell swimming party in week 1 and a birthday party in week 2.) KJ is going through some growing pains with MCC, but all is well. He is just used to mom being there to tell him what to do. We've had some last minute, "Oh my goodness, I have homework due tomorrow," moments resulting in late nights.

I started back to teaching the preschool computer classes this past week and that is going fine. I missed the little boogers.

The company David was working for sent out a mass voice mail Wednesday morning informing everyone that they would be ceasing operations. Wednesday was everyone's last day. To say, I was in a panic would be an understatement. David had several immediate leads and we should know for sure which job he'll take the first part of this week. Job #1 - is nearly a sure thing, poor pay, room for advancement, should start almost immediately. Jobs #2 and #3 - he could most likely get, better pay for #2 and much better pay with #3, wouldn't start as quickly. My suggestion is he take job #1 if it looks like the other two may be awhile and to keep looking for something better if that advancement looks slow in coming.

Sammie's training class instructor said today that Sammie is making outstanding progress.

I think that covers most stuff. I'll add more if I think of anything else.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

Sorry to hear about David's job, that has to have thrown you into a complete panic. Change is always so scary, we'll be thinking about him and praying for you all.

Dy said...

Wow. Lots going on. That would make blogging sporadic, if your upheaval level affects your blogging like mine does. :-P

Will keep David and the job search in my thoughts, sweetie!! Let us know!
Dy

karisma said...

Goodness no wonder you have not been blogging! Best of luck with everything! Im thinking #3 sounds like a winner! 3 is a good number!

Glad to see you are still alive! Take care!

MOM #1 said...

Shoot! Lay offs really suck. I hope your hubby finds well paying work soon. I'm with you, take #1 for now and keep praying on #2 and #3.

I know all about over scheduling . . . it's the story of my life. I always think I'm Mighty Mouse . . . only to find out later that I'm Minnie Mouse, cute but not so mighty after all, LOL.

Good luck!