Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good news and Bad news

The good news is that my PCKidz employer needs a teacher to take over her most-profitable area, and that I'm taking the job. I have already quit Dairy Queen *happy dance* since I'll start this week. I'll make at least the same amount of money and work half the DQ hours. *more happy dancing* No more late nights for me! I found all this out Thursday night and my euphoric mood lasted until Friday afternoon when I got the bad news.

The STSNBN (situation that shall not be named) is not going well at all. It is looking highly likely (though we haven't given up all hope) that David will have to do two years in prison. His health problems (insulin dependent for 40 years, blood sugar out-of-control, no colon, neuropathy, retinopathy) will probably have him dead or severely impaired before his sentence is up. He is trying to get his affairs in order and do what he can for me and KJ, but is working under the assumption that he won't be back. We'll know more in a couple of weeks, but there should be a resolution (good or bad) by the end of the year. Ironically, if he was under indictment for the same crime in ANY other county, besides the one he is being prosecuted in, he would already be on probation. (That's what our lawyer says anyway.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Rebel)))

karisma said...

Well I was all like Karisma is doing happy dances all around Rebel! Now lets all focus on that HAPPY DANCE! And while we are at it lets all focus on David as sitting in the middle of our circle and we are wrapping him in our love and protection! Can we all do that? He will be okay Rebel, NO MATTER WHAT! The world is going through a rough spot at the moment, some things will fade in comparison! Keep the faith!

David, Focus on your health and drink your tea sweetie! You will be okay!

Rebel, Keep up the love my dear! Big and strong! Happy dance! Round and round David! FOCUS!

Dy said...

Aw, man. I'm glad you got the better job. It's nice to have time to spend with the guys. I just really wish it was under better circumstances. Don't despair, though, we never know what good news might be around the corner.

Dy

Unknown said...

God isn't through with David yet. I just feel that so much. And I'm not through praying yet and neither are the people at church. On the other hand, I'm so glad you don't have to work at Dairy Queen anymore! I worry about you.. it's part of my job as your Mom!

Love you,
Mom

MOM #1 said...

Gosh, Rebel, I was loving the good news, but that bad news sure took the wind out of it.

Just know that we're all here for you. Keep praying. The STSNBN is still in progress and perhaps y'all can get it put off for a while?

You're doing the right thing by getting all affairs in order. There is nothing more sad than when something is staring at you right in the face and you pretend it isn't there.

Remember I'm not too far down IH 35 from you. If you need a little love and support, we'll have to get together.

Good Luck!

MOM #1 said...

Oh, P. S.

I left an award for you over at my blog. Feel free to drop by if you're interested. No pressure of course.

Hope it cheers you up. ;-)

Bridget said...

Oh Rebel,

I am so sorry. I too was doing the happy dance and then I read the next part and couldn't believe my eyes. We will be praying for you and David. No matter how bad things have been for me (and believe me we've had horrible times) my Mom always tells me "you have to cross the mountain to get to the valley". Good wishes and thoughts coming your way from the Shenandoah Valley in VA.