Saturday, October 4, 2008

Guess who I got to meet today?

I'll give you a hint. She has five of the sweetest, well-mannered children I've ever seen.






She is on my blogroll.







I've read her blog through her last three pregnancies and through two cross-country moves.








It's Dy from Classic Adventures!
Her hubby was going to be in the area for work so they packed up the whole family and came to visit central Texas. She is just as nice in person as she is on her blog. I only wish I had half her patience and wisdom. And the children...I was serious when I said they are sweet and well-mannered. James and John are such responsible young men. I'm sure they are a terrific help to their mother. They both have such a developed sense of humor. They make up their own jokes that you have to really think about to "get." Many times, children aren't that interested in conversing with adults, but I could have informative discussions with James, John, and even Jacob. (He's getting so big!) Emily is just a little doll. The boys, especially Jacob, dote on her. She has the sweetest expression on her face even when proclaiming that she doesn't like something. Then there is baby Jason who I gave serious consideration to sneaking home with me. He is so HAPPY! As long as he was fed and had a clean bottom, he was perfectly content. I don't want you to think Dy is raising little robots or Eddie Haskellish polite children. Authentic and genuine are the best terms I can think of. They're still kids, but self-assured kids...if that makes sense at all.

Thanks for lunch, Dy! Have a safe rest of your trip!

4 comments:

karisma said...

Haha! I was like OMG it was me, till you mentioned the pregnancies! Was there supposed to be pictures? Coz there was big gaps but no pictures!
How lucky you are to meet a blog friend. I am so jealous, I love my blog friends, I would love to meet you all in person!

MOM #1 said...

Oh, lucky lucky you. I hope you both had a good time. You should have called, I could use a little road trip.

Bridget said...

That is so awesome! When you read someone's blog regularly and you talk to each other in the comments you feel like you know that person and I have found myself refer to ya'll as my friends. It would be so cool to actually get to meet each other.

Dy said...

Oh, we enjoyed it so much! Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share the afternoon with us. The kids think you are just the best, and I have to agree.

I wish we'd remembered cameras. *sigh* We'll have to come back out again sometime and try again. ;-)