Sunday, October 12, 2008

Took a little trip

My friend, Debbie and her son, Rodney invited me and KJ to join them on a little trip to San Antonio. We left here early Friday morning and returned Saturday night. We went to the San Antonio Zoo Friday morning. In case you didn't know, KJ dyed half his hair hot pink and the other half is kind of a lighter pink.





Debbie wasn't super thrilled about being bombarded by hungry lorakeets.


This is a tad bit better.


Awww, this is more her style...until this bird started nipping her ear. I tried to shoo it off and it got tangled upside down in her hair. Sorry, I was busy removing the bird and didn't get a pic.


We had lunch at the Rivercenter Mall and then went on to the Alamo.


Rodney had some ancestors at the Alamo and was taking a picture of their names.

I wonder what was so funny.

After leaving the Alamo, we just relaxed at the hotel. Saturday was SeaWorld! (Debbie had 4 free tickets.)

The park was directed for Halloween.







5 comments:

Dy said...

Oh, fun! I love the pictures. Good save on the color, btw. I was wondering how that was going to turn out. But what is that on KJ's wrist? Did I miss a post somewhere?
Dy

karisma said...

Looks like you all had a great time, despite the birds LOL! My mum has a fit every time we let our bird out too! I guess they are not for everybody hey?

I love KJ's new hair! Has he tried purple yet? A nice lilac, I would like to see, he he!

Unknown said...

I know you had a good time.. just wish I could have tagged along so my crochet friend and I could have gone to the uhhh.. place where she makes the underwear for the dancers! :)

Now is KJ's hair two-toned or was it just the camera? He can sure pick some great colors!

Love you,
Mom

MOM #1 said...

Looks like great fun!

We don't live too far from San Antonio, but we really don't go that often.

Bridget said...

Love K.J.'s new color. I love that you don't make a big deal about him coloring his hair. Every time one of my kids wanted to do something different with their hair there was always those that "couldn't believe I would let them do that". It's only hair, it will grow out, change color or whatever. Blake had a mohawk for school pictures in 2nd or 3rd grade, he was so cute.
We have always wanted to visit the Alamo.