Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm not sure if I have enough time to keep up the blog anymore.



Another quick summary of life: Sammie got REALLY sick last week and had to have water forced down his little throat every hour for 24 hours. He got spolied since he was getting chicken broth and bits of meat while he recovered. We thought he was going to die, but he pulled through and is back to his old onery self.

I still like my job, but the hours are longer than I anticipated while I get used to being by myself. Last Friday started at 6:30am and finished at 9:30pm. (I did take 30 min. for lunch and 45 min. to run KJ and a friend to a concert.) Monday took me 10 hours, but the other days have been more reasonable.

KJ got his license and I've allowed him to take the car alone for short jaunts. He got hired by McDonald's, had orientation last night and starts in the next day or so.

My house seems to be turning into the place KJ's friend's come to hang out. It's not unusual to have 4-5 boys just showing up for a jam session. It's one of the advantages to living in the center of town. I don't mind, because at least, I know where they are and what they're doing. I just try to stay stocked up on Kool-aid, ice cream, and chips.

2 comments:

karisma said...

Hugs, Life does have a bad habit of getting in the way of cyber land hey? Our house is always the local hang out too. I also like to know what the kids are up too. Mind you sometimes I crave a bit of quiet time in my own house. LOL. Glad you are doing okay.

MOM #1 said...

Being the hang out house definitely is preferred to trying to call every one else's house to find out where your kid is. Not fun. Just remember to keep a bookcase full of great reads in your PRIVATE bathroom, since that's the only place you'll ever get any peace and quiet. ;-)

You sound SO BUSY. I hope you're taking care of yourself.