Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. They really helped. David and I are adjusting to life without Wanda, but we're much better now.

I've been busy sweating quarts of water at the zoo this week so I've been too exhausted to form enough coherent sentences to blog. On Wednesday, I did a Zoo Mobile which is all I had signed up for this week. I had not planned to do any camps since July in Waco is HOT and this year, HUMID. I'm basically a wimp about the heat, and between perimenopausal hot flashes and my blood pressure medicine flushing the potassium right out of my system...just didn't want to be outside all day. However, the 2nd/3rd grade counselor was in a play and had two day performances on both Thursday and Friday. He asked nicely and sounded so pitiful and desperate that I agreed to sub for him. Oh my goodness, was it unbearable! The heat index was 104! The whining, the grouchiness, the damp clothes, and red cheeks...the campers were also having a tough time. I made a few executive decisions and moved some activities indoors whenever I could. I also shortened afternoon playground time. Believe me, they did not mind a bit. We all survived and had a reasonably good time.

On another note, I finally have made some decisions for KJ's upcoming school year. I'll post his subjects and activities some other time for the few who are interested.

3 comments:

Dy said...

Is it feasible to have a zoo camp in a movie theater? Ugh. You're tough, and I'm impressed. But I'm glad for you it's over! WOOHOO!

Oooo, curricula... mmmmmm....ahhhhhh!!! (Kinda like fireworks for those of us who stay inside. And are a little weird. And, well, oooooohhhhh!)

Dy

karisma said...

Cant wait to see what you have in store for KJ. Personally I mapped out the whole thing in a week and then found that it was humanely impossible to do that much work and stay sane. He He. Now I make it up as I go along. (Dont tell the inspector okay?) I do plan a bit of them work for the term though. This term we are studying the Ocean and its lifeforms.

karisma said...

OOPs typo! "A bit of theme work not them work."