Monday, September 17, 2007

On Saturday, I took KJ up to Dallas where he met up with some friends to do Renaissance fighting. They were performing at the Dallas Harley-Davidson (though it's in Garland) for "Talk Like a Pirate Day." KJ has finally decided on a character name, Nicholas. He currently has no background information though.

KJ is fighting Millsaps/Montuss here.




Doesn't he look cute here? Feel free to pop him with your staff, D'Anne.


KJ and Montuss.



Hey, hey, hey! That's my baby you're swinging that sword at! Thank goodness, KJ isn't using the real swords yet. A wrong hit from a wooden sword and you'll bruise. A wrong hit from a real sword and you'll need stitches.



My sister, Staci, and her two girls, McKenzie and Emily, came out to watch. Emily was terrified at first. The guy in the above pic, Jim, nearly scared Emily to death. She was actually shaking. Montuss, however, wasn't nearly as scarey.



Getting to hold KJ's foil made everything just fine.



KJ was hot and tired towards the end.


I took LOTS of pictures and videos. You can see the rest of them here.

Oh, I forgot to mention that with the exception of boots, belt, and gloves; I made the rest of KJ's garb....and that I stayed up until 1:30am Friday night finishing...and that I had to get up at 5:15am so we could get to Harley-Davidson on time...and that it was my birthday. I really love my son.

5 comments:

J-Lynn said...

Oh that looks like SO much fun!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my! That looks like a lot of work! I would be happy to watch though. Maybe we can come to one of these in the future. KJ might not like Grandmomma shouting like she was at a football game.. hahaha

Love you,
Mom/Grandmomma

karisma said...

It all looks so exciting! Great job on the outfit too!

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like a fantastic time!

Saw your note on my blog re: bento I am glad to be inspiring you they are fun to make and I am finding that the girls are eating more and eating healthier. :o)

Phoenix

Dy said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Rebel, I am SO impressed. Not just with how he handles himself at these functions. (You could hear the whining all the way over where you live if I had to wear those garments in the heat!) But also with the support you give him in his endeavors. That's a gift that will stay with him his entire life. You guys make me smile.

Now, as for the costumes. I was looking at the pictures, thinking, "I wonder where she got his costume?" You MADE it?!?! *thunk* Holy crap, woman. You're a wonder and a half, you know that?

Just amazing - all of you. :-)

Dy