Friday, June 20, 2008

This story makes me sick. What kind of asshole teacher burns ANYTHING on a student? He should have been fired and then prosecuted just for that. Teaching intelligent design and purposely not teaching evolution is just gravy.

I had jury duty twice this week, once on Monday to find out where I would have to go and when, and then again on Wednesday to actually sit through the jury selection process for this trial. The defendant was pleading guilty. We were just going to have to decide the punishment. I was not picked, thank goodness. I don't think I could have looked at the photos without being physically ill. I figure the defense struck me off the list as soon as they found out I currently teach 2 through 5 year-olds. It's ironic that I've been registered to vote continuously since age 18 and have never once been summoned. NOW, with all that is going on...I get summoned.

By the way, the June 10 thing did not go as we hoped.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No Christian that I know would ever intentionally burn anything on a child or anyone else for that matter. This guy is a nutcase and doesn't need to be in any vocation that is associated with children. This gives teachers everywhere a bad name.

You'll be better emotionally when this thing is OVER. Until then, we are praying for you every day (and your family). Just keep your chin up and keep doing what you are doing.

I promise it will turn out ok and I'm the Mom so I know these things! :)

Love you,
Mom

PS I thought you would blog about Sammie being in doggie jail! LOL

MOM #1 said...

I'm not sure what is up with that teacher, he needs help.

I'm currently struggling with a Creation vs. evolution or a mixture of the two . . . so I certainly can't contribute to that conversation, LOL.

I can't believe you got called for jury duty. I've only been called once, but luckily I was literally moving out of the county the next day, so of course, I was excused.

I'm not sure of all that is going on, but I hope you stay strong for yourself and your family. I know it sounds cliche' but we really do endure these trials to make us stronger.

Last year we lost our home (I think that's the first time I've admitted that "out loud"). It was a miserable disaster and I was extremely bitter for a VERY long time. Now I have just accepted where I am and we've grown so much closer as a family after enduring that trial.

I know your situation is much more complicated, but the outcome can be the same.

Good Luck! I'm thinking of you.

karisma said...

Keep a strong heart, my friend! These hard tmes will pass! You and David will conquer all with love and patience! Do not worry about outside influence or support. Just focus on what is true, David, you and Kj.

Dy said...

Oh. My. Word. That man needs a public flogging for "improperly using an electrostatic device on the student who filed the report" -- what the he-- is wrong with this man?!? I think they're muddying the two issues, but the abuse of a student needs to be dealth with first - swiftly and harshly, imnsho. ARGH.

As for the rest, {{hugs}}. Know you're loved and that there are people thinking of you and here to support you in whatever ways we can, sweetie. I'm so sorry. {{more hugs}}

Dy