Sunday, October 26, 2008

What do you get when you take one hard-headed dog...

who really likes to chase after things...

and add one mommie who in an effort to stop said dog from chasing a chicken decided to stick her leg out to trip up said dog? OUCH! He hit my leg with his head going full speed! I had a moment where I was worried he cracked something in my leg or gave himself a concussion. We're both fine though.

Sammie LOVES to put the chickens up. He loves it so much that he will go in the coop to get them to come out, just so he can herd them back up again. When the chickens are out, I put Sammie on his run until time for him to herd them up.
Sammie spends a lot of time destroying stuffed animals when on his run. Misplaced aggression, maybe? Yes, I know the run is not high enough, but I wanted him to have plenty of room to either side. It's a 100 feet long and he can go about 5-6 feet to either side. He's only on it when I let the chickens out.

Where stuffed animals go to die...

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

Wow. Look at all those poor dead stuffed animals. At least he has enough sense to know not to do that to the Mommy who feeds him, LOL.

What's a dog run?

karisma said...

Ouch! That looks sore! I am sporting a couple of sore knees too but can't for the life of me remember how I did it! I think Im going mad! We have had dog/chicken fun this week too! However our older dogs want to eat the chickens not round them up!