Saturday, December 27, 2008

I spent last week with a horrible head and chest cold, followed by throwing my back out. Guess I shouldn't have been lifting heavy boxes full of books from the floor to place on a shelf above my head at the Scholastic Book Fair. (KJ and I volunteered there several days.)

Anyway, after the back pain got so bad I nearly fainted, David took me to ER on Christmas Eve where they gave me wonderful drugs. I'm now confined to bed and on a muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, and a pain med. I don't have internet access from bed so you won't see me around for a while.

Have a nice holiday season!

4 comments:

MOM #1 said...

I have been there done that, poor baby. At least you threw your back out for a good cause; I threw mine out trying to break Baby Boy's record in the Hula Hoop challenge of Wii Fit (but shhhhhhh don't tell anyone).

Take it easy and feel better . . . enjoy the delicious drugs and just relax in the haze. My method is to try not to wake up until the back is totally healed, LOL.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas in spite of it all!

SabrinaT said...

Those books are HEAVY! I hope you are back on the mend soon....

karisma said...

Big hugs! You poor girl! Sending some happy healing vibes over. xxxx

Unknown said...

Hope you are getting better, little girl. I miss your daily phone calls and you sound so weak when I call to check on you. You need some pampering!

Love you,
Mom